Melanie Kordsmeier is a mother of 3 and a retired teacher who has a passion for writing children’s books that bring every page to life. Her books are visually stimulating and educational, reflecting values pertinent to a child’s personal growth.
Her books are known for their magical way of using simple English for the children to read themselves and will appreciate the story.
“Tambo A Lion Adventure” and “Tambo: and her Curious Adventure” are available on Amazon.com. This book is rich with life lessons that a child and even adults would appreciate.
Let’s get to know more about the author and her thoughts about Tambo: A Lion Adventure through this exclusive interview.
1. How long have you been writing children’s books?
I have been writing children’s books for the past 6 years now.
2. What/who made you write children’s books?
I am writing them for my grandchildren.
3. Why tell this story?
I love elephants. Elephants have become endangered now, and people need to do more to protect all life.
4. How did you come up with the name “Tambo”?
“Tembo” is the African word for elephant. I just changed the vowel.
5. At what age this book is most suitable?
This book is most suitable for children ages 2-6 years.
6. Of all the wild animals in the jungle, why chose an elephant to portray bravery?
Elephants are very family-oriented and adults will do whatever it takes to protect their young.
7. What message do you hope to bring to your readers?
All of God’s creation is worth protecting.
8. How do you define bravery?
Bravery is doing the right thing even when those around you are not.
9. Is Ubuntu a real name of a village or just a made-up name?
It is a real African word for “humanity” so I chose it as the village name.
10. Where can people buy your book?
Online at Amazon, Wal-Mart, Books a Million, and Barnes and Noble.
Get this book on Amazon. Grab your own copy now!